Ballarat Hospice Care is a home-based specialist palliative care service. We care for people living with a life-limiting illness and support their family and carers.
Our staff and volunteers work within our values framework of
- respect and
Ballarat Hospice Care has entered an exciting phase, in response to increasing demand, and with government and community support, we moved to our new Palliative Care Hub at 1836 Sturt St, Alfredton during the last part of 2019.
A vacancy exists for a Board Director
Ballarat Hospice Care Inc. invite community members from the Central Highlands to express interest in joining the Board. Board positions are for a two or three year term with the opportunity to nominate for a further three three year term (nine years in total).
What is Ballarat Hospice Care Inc.?
Ballarat Hospice Care Inc. (BHCI) is
- a home-based palliative care service, caring for people living with a life limiting illness and supporting their family and carers in their home
- a Not for Profit organisation and has a funding and service agreement with Victorian Department of Health and Human Services.
About BHCI governance:
The Board is made up of seven to ten Board Directors drawn from across the Central Highlands region. The Board plays a critical role in governance, promoting the health of the organisation and ensuring diligent oversight of business and compliance performance.
- upholds good governance principles and practice
- meets monthly
- has a commitment to growth and development.
Board members do not receive fees for their service, however necessary expenses are reimbursed and there will be some expectation of travel and face to face meetings each year.
Who are we looking for?
We are currently seeking Board Members who are values driven, have a keen interest in, and commitment to, good governance practices with the following skills and expertise:
- Clinical governance and or clinical health background OR
- Community sector or consumer experience OR
- Human Resources and OH&S
Applications close November 23, 2020
For further information please contact:
- Geoff Russell – Board Chair E: firstname.lastname@example.org M: 0419 537 947
- Carita Clancy – CEO E: email@example.com P: 5333 1118
If palliative care is your passion and interest you are always welcome to contact us and send an up to date resume.