Ballarat Hospice Care is a home-based specialist palliative care service. We care for people living with a life-limiting illness and support their family and carers.
Our staff and volunteers work within our values framework of
- respect and
Ballarat Hospice Care has entered an exciting phase, in response to increasing demand, and with government and community support, we moved to our new Palliative Care Hub at 1836 Sturt St, Alfredton during the last part of 2019.
Part-time 0.5 EFT – fixed term contract to June 2021
We are currently seeking a qualified professional to join our team to support a collaborative research project with Ballarat Health Services and the Grampians Regional Palliative Care Team, funded by the Department of Health and Human Services.
Sustainable Service Integration to meet the choices of people requiring palliative care and wanting to be discharged from hospital to their home: Rapid Discharge
The Rapid Discharge Project aims to:
- Enable smooth, timely, safe and sustainable hospital discharge to community when the patient and family identify that their preferred place of care and/or death is in the home.
- Work as part of the multidisciplinary team at Ballarat Hospice Care, Ballarat Health Services and Grampians Regional Palliative Care Team throughout project implementation.
The role requires:
- Registered Nurse Div.1 registered with AHPRA, experience in palliative care CNS or above; inpatient and /or community setting (at least 12 months)
- Palliative Care Post Graduate qualification or working towards is preferred
- Research experience and /or clinical audit experience in a health care setting
- Ability to work collaboratively.
If you have further questions contact Carita Clancy, CEO on (03) 5333 1118
To apply: forward your cover letter, resume and selection criteria to Carita Clancy firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 9am Wednesday July 8, 2020
Watch this short video to learn more about Palliative Care…
If Palliative Care is your passion and interest you are always welcome to contact us and send us your up to date resume.