What We Do
Personalised home-based palliative care, including 24-hour support and an equipment loan service, provided by compassionate staff and volunteers at no cost to patients in the comfort of their own home.
Specialist Palliative Care Nurses
With compassion, innovation and flexibility, Ballarat Hospice Care provides holistic palliative care for people in their own home. Our highly accredited service employs a team of specialist palliative care nurses, special grief and bereavement counsellors, welfare workers, and patient and family support volunteers.
Specialist palliative care nurses focus on enriching quality of lives:
- Providing impeccable assessment and individual care
- 24-hour emergency support
- Monitoring and responding to complex needs
- Trained to help with difficult issues such as managing pain and other symptoms or needs
- Working closely with your general practitioner (GP) and relevant specialists
- Facilitating referral to palliative care doctors and nurse practitioners
Supportive Care Team
Comprehensive emotional support as required to the patients, their families and their support network.
Care and support by professional counsellors include:
- Social support and advocacy
- Emotional support and counselling
- Grief and bereavement support
- Spiritual support
- Words of Life
- Patient support volunteers
The care provided extends beyond that which can be provided medically and counsellors can continue to offer support to family and carers into bereavement.
Equipment Loan Service
Ballarat Hospice Care provides an equipment loan service to assist patients and their carers to enable them to live as comfortably as possible in their own home.
Equipment includes items such as:
- Shower stools and chairs
- Electric lift chairs
- Electric beds & mattresses
Equipment delivery and pick-up is part of the service provided by Ballarat Hospice Care at no charge to our patients.