It’s National Volunteer Week. This year the theme is “Better Together”. This week we gathered with our volunteers to thank them for their enormous contributions to Ballarat Hospice Care.
In so many ways they help Ballarat Hospice Care to shine. It could be by
- providing a warm welcoming touch to our events
- creating a welcoming and boutique shopping experience at the Friends of Hospice Op Shop
- working directly with patients, carers and families.
Just as important our volunteers work behind the scenes…
- keeping our cars clean so the nursing and supportive care team have well maintained cars to take them to patient homes
- ensuring our equipment is sanitised, clean and ready to be used in patient care
- looking after our beautiful garden
- leading meditation sessions
- sorting and organising donations in the warehouse
- ensuring carers receive beautiful kind and compassionate hand written cards during bereavement
- providing essential administration support to keep us organised and connected.
Thank you to all our volunteers for what you do.