Volunteers are a vital part of our team,
they enhance our work in the community.
Our volunteers are supported by a Volunteer Coordinator dedicated to ensuring volunteers are trained, valued and respected.
The next volunteer information sessions are on
- Thursday August 12, 2021 from 10-11am OR
- Thursday August 19, 2021 from 6-7pm
There are some limitations to our volunteer roles due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
We are not daunted and we’re working with our volunteers creatively; we would love to hear from you!
Our volunteers provide practical and emotional support.
They are a link to the community for our patients, their carers and family; bridging the gap between health care and the community.
Here’s what volunteers do at Ballarat Hospice care:
– assisting with a variety of tasks; that could be general office work, equipment maintenance or gardening.
– promoting the importance of in-home palliative care in and around our community. They understand our organisation, palliative care and the services we deliver.
Committee of Management
– enhancing our ability to achieve excellence and high quality with their expert skills and knowledge.
– helping us with community functions and fundraisers. Ideal for people with limited time who may be happy to volunteer on a casual or one-off basis.
- Working in our op shop
- Sorting donations
- Selling goods
- Helping with merchandise
It’s a great opportunity to use your retail knowledge and skills for a few hours a week or fortnight.
Our special interest group
– was formed more than 20 years ago. They support each other through social activities and being available to support each other through bereavement. They also fundraises and lift our profile in our community.
– offering companionship and a change of routine for patients or their carers. They may
- transport patients to attend appointments,
- run errands,
- take patients or carers out of the house for a break
- stay with the patient while the carer attends to things away from home
- walk dogs.
Interested in joining our team?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org – Lauren is our Volunteer Coordinator.
Talk it over with Lauren to learn more.
- work with you, to orientate and train you
- continue to support you throughout your time as a volunteer with us
We want your experience to be as rewarding for you as it is for our patients, their carers and family.