Volunteers are a vital part of our team. Volunteers enhance our work in the community.
Our volunteers are supported by a Volunteer Coordinator who is dedicated to ensuring volunteers are trained, valued and respected.
There are some limitations to our volunteer roles due to the Coronavirus pandemic. We are not daunted and we’re working with our volunteers creatively and remotely!
We would love to hear from you!
Our volunteers provide practical and emotional support. They are a link to the community for our patients, their carers and family; bridging the gap between health professionals and the community.
Here’s what volunteers do at Ballarat Hospice care:
– assisting with a variety of tasks; that could be general office work, equipment maintenance or gardening.
– promoting the importance of in-home palliative care in and around our community. They understand our organisation, palliative care and the services we deliver.
Committee of Management
– enhancing our ability to achieve excellence and high quality outcomes. These volunteers have expert skills and knowledge.
– helping us with community functions and fundraisers. If you have limited time to spare and are happy to volunteer on a casual or one-off basis, this may be for you.
– working in our op shop; sorting donations, selling goods and helping with merchandise. It’s a great opportunity to use your retail knowledge and skills for a few hours a week or fortnight.
Our special interest group
– was formed more than 20 years ago. They support each other through social activities and being available to support each other through bereavement. This group also fundraises and lifts our profile throughout our community.
– offering companionship and a change of routine for patients or their carers. They may transport patients to attend appointments, run errands, or simply get patients out of the house to take a break. They could stay with the patient while the carer attends to things away from home.
Interested in joining our team?
We will work with you, to orientate and train you.
We will continue to support you throughout your time as a volunteer with Ballarat Hospice Care.
We want the experience to be as rewarding for you as it is for our patients, their carers and family.
You are welcome to contact our Volunteer Coordinator to talk it over and learn more.
Email email@example.com or use the online form on this page.