Inclusivity and diversity
We welcome and work with people of every age, health status, race, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, culture, linguistic background, and financial status.
We acknowledge and respect the Traditional Custodians of the Lands and Waters where we work. We pay respect to Elders past, present and emerging and to Aboriginal Elders of other communities who may pass through this way.
We understand that people who identify as a minority group may face additional barriers when accessing services, seeking employment or socialising.
This may be through fear of
- discrimination and stigma
- experiencing a racist, homophobic, biphobic or transphobic response
- privacy breaches
- a repeated poor experience.
We are an
- non-government organisation
- reaching for Rainbow tick accreditation in 2020.
- strong values
- training to protect individual privacy and
- an accessible purpose built facility for all people.
We are committed to ensuring our services
- are respectful and equitable
- value diversity
- are inclusive and collaborative
- are non-discriminatory
- are LGBTI safe, respecting gender identity and sexual orientation
- value the uniqueness of every person
- are safely provided in your “home” wherever that may be.
Do you have feedback for us to provide a more inclusive service?
Contact the Community Engagement Manager p: 5333 1118.