Personalised home-based palliative care, 24-hour support, education and equipment with compassionate staff and volunteers at no cost to patients in the comfort of home.
Specialist Palliative Care Nurses
Ballarat Hospice strives to make a difference to the lives of individuals and their loved ones with compassion, innovation and flexibility.
Specialist palliative care nurses focus on enriching quality of lives:
- By providing a 24 hour service
- Providing impeccable assessment and ongoing management of pain and symptoms
- Working closely with your GP and relevant specialists
- Facilitating referral to palliative care doctors and nurse practitioner
Supportive Care Team
Comprehensive emotional support as required to the clients, their families and their support network.
Care and support by professional counsellors include:
- Advocacy – including support with completion of paperwork associated with Centrelink, superannuation, disability permits, multipurpose taxi voucher applications etc.
- Grief and bereavement support
- Spiritual support – including story telling therapies
- Carer/patient support including addressing significant emotional and social concerns
- Carer education
- Bereavement support groups
- Advance care planning
- Referral to other services
The care provided extends beyond that which can be provided medically and counsellors can continue to offer support to family and carers into bereavement.
Equipment Loan Service
Ballarat Hospice Care provides an equipment loan service to assist patients and enable them to live as comfortable as possible in their own home.
Equipment includes items such as:
- Shower stools and chairs
- Wheel chairs
- Electric lift chairs
- Electric beds & mattresses
Equipment delivery and pick-up is part of the service provided by Ballarat Hospice Care at no charge to our patients.