Personalised home-based palliative care, 24-hour support, education and equipment with compassionate staff and volunteers at no cost to patients in the comfort of their home.
Ballarat Hospice Care makes a difference to the lives of people living with a life-limiting illness, their families and carers by providing in-home specialist palliative care.
We provide a respectful service that guides patients, their carers and family to live, die and grieve well in the comfort of their home.
We offer specialist palliative care nursing, supportive care and patient support volunteers to meet the palliative care needs of the people we care for. Our care is holistic, based on the physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs.
- liaise with GPs and primary care services
- advocate on your behalf
- provide carer and patient education
- offer welfare support
- offer emotional and spiritual care and bereavement support
- offer free equipment loan of equipment
- and provide 24/7 support.
Our services are offered to residents living in Ballarat, Hepburn Shire, north west Golden Plains and Moorabool west at no cost to the patient or their family.
Specialist Palliative Care Nurses
Ballarat Hospice Care strives to make a difference to the lives of individuals and their loved ones with compassion, innovation and flexibility.
Specialist palliative care nurses focus on enriching quality of lives:
- By providing a 24-hour service
- Providing impeccable assessment and ongoing management of pain and symptoms
- Working closely with your GP and relevant specialists
- Facilitating referral to palliative care doctors and nurse practitioner
Comprehensive supportive care as required to the clients, their families and their support network.
Care is individual and may include:
- Advocacy – including support to complete paperwork for Centrelink, superannuation, disability permits, multipurpose taxi voucher applications etc.
- Grief and bereavement support (Specialist counselling if required)
- Spiritual support – including story telling therapies
- Carer/patient support including addressing emotional and social concerns
- Carer education
- Advance care planning
- Referral to other services
Equipment Loan Service
Ballarat Hospice Care provides an equipment loan service to assist patients to live as comfortably as possible in their home.
Equipment includes items such as:
- Shower stools and chairs
- Electric lift chairs
- Electric beds and mattresses
Equipment delivery and pick-up is part of our service at no charge to our patients.