Personalised home-based palliative care, 24-hour support, education and equipment with compassionate staff and volunteers at no cost to patients in the comfort of home.
Ballarat Hospice Care makes a difference to the lives of people living with a life-limiting illness, their families and carers by providing in-home specialist palliative care.
Ballarat Hospice Care provides a respectful service that guides patients and their family to live, die and grieve well in the comfort of their home.
We offer specialist palliative care nursing, supportive care counsellors and patient support volunteers to meet the palliative care needs of the people we are caring for. We care for patients and their families and carers holistically based on their physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs.
This care includes liaison with GPs, primary care services, ongoing advocacy, carer and patient education, welfare support, emotional and spiritual care, bereavement support for carers, free loan of equipment and 24-hours a day, seven days per week support.
Care and support is offered to residents living in Ballarat, Hepburn Shire, north west Golden Plains and Moorabool west at no cost to the patient or their family.
Specialist Palliative Care Nurses
Ballarat Hospice Care strives to make a difference to the lives of individuals and their loved ones with compassion, innovation and flexibility.
Specialist palliative care nurses focus on enriching quality of lives:
- By providing a 24-hour service
- Providing impeccable assessment and ongoing management of pain and symptoms
- Working closely with your GP and relevant specialists
- Facilitating referral to palliative care doctors and nurse practitioner
Supportive Care Team
Comprehensive emotional support as required to the clients, their families and their support network.
Care and support by professional counsellors include:
- Advocacy – including support with completion of paperwork associated with Centrelink, superannuation, disability permits, multipurpose taxi voucher applications etc.
- Grief and bereavement support
- Spiritual support – including story telling therapies
- Carer/patient support including addressing significant emotional and social concerns
- Carer education
- Bereavement support groups
- Advance care planning
- Referral to other services
Equipment Loan Service
Ballarat Hospice Care provides an equipment loan service to assist patients and enable them to live as comfortably as possible in their own home.
Equipment includes items such as:
- Shower stools and chairs
- Electric lift chairs
- Electric beds and mattresses
Equipment delivery and pick-up is part of the service provided by Ballarat Hospice Care at no charge to our patients.