We make a difference.
Our personalised home-based specialist palliative care with 24-hour support includes education and equipment loan from compassionate staff and volunteers at no cost to patients in the comfort of their home.
Making a difference to the lives of people living with a life-limiting illness, their families and carers through in-home specialist palliative care.
Providing a respectful service guiding patients, their carers and family to live, die and grieve well in the comfort of their home.
Offering specialist palliative care nursing, supportive care and patient support volunteers to meet the needs of the people we care for.
Our care is holistic, based on physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs.
- liaise with GPs and primary care services
- advocate on your behalf
- provide carer and patient education
- offer welfare support
- offer emotional and spiritual care and bereavement support
- offer free equipment loan of equipment
- and provide 24/7 support.
Services are offered to residents living in
- Hepburn Shire
- north west Golden Plains and
- Moorabool west at no cost to the patient or their family.
View the Hospice Service Area Map.
Specialist Palliative Care Nurses
Focus on enriching quality of life compassionately and with innovation and flexibility:
- Providing a 24-hour service
- Providing comprehensive assessment and ongoing management of pain and symptoms
- Working closely with your GP and relevant specialists
- Facilitating referral to palliative care doctors and nurse practitioner
Comprehensive supportive care is offered to patients, their carers and families.
Care is individual and may include:
- Advocacy; support to complete paperwork for Centrelink, superannuation, disability permits, multipurpose taxi voucher applications etc.
- Grief and bereavement support (Specialist counselling if required)
- Spiritual support – including story telling therapies
- Carer/patient support including emotional and social concerns
- Carer education
- Advance care planning
- Referral to other services
Equipment Loan Service
Assisting patients to live as comfortably as possible in their home.
Equipment includes items such as:
- Shower stools and chairs
- Electric lift chairs
- Electric beds and mattresses
Equipment delivery and pick-up is part of our service at no charge to our patients.