Ballarat Hospice Care provides 24-hour, home based, holistic, specialist palliative care for people with a life limiting illness.
Our team of specialist palliative care nurses, supportive care workers, and patient and family support volunteers support the patient, their carers and families.
Our care is
- delivered in your home
- innovative and
Palliative care aims to
- promote comfort
- improve quality of life
- support the patient
- support family, carers and friends involved in providing care.
We strive to make a difference by
- Providing a supportive 24-hour service
- Providing a respectful compassionate service that guides but does not take over
- Enriching the quality of living and dying through personalised home-based care
- Helping patients of all ages to live well in their home
- Providing holistic care that addresses physical, emotional, social, cultural or spiritual needs
- Taking time to get to know what the patient and their family need to help them live, die and grieve well
- Sharing information, knowledge and care with the patient, their carers, families and other health care providers.
Our team includes
- specialist palliative care nurses
- supportive care workers
- patient and family support volunteers.
Our team looks after the
- emotional and
- spiritual needs of people requiring palliative care.
Our service area covers
- Golden Plains and
- Moorabool Shires.
More about us
- usually care for approximately 200 registered patients
- provide bereavement support to the carers of our patients
- provide a free equipment loan service for our patients (wheelchairs, lift recliners, commodes and other personal items)
- care for palliative patients of all ages; helping to fulfil their wishes to die at home
- pride ourselves on making a difference to the people we care for.
Palliative Care definition
From the World Health Organisation.