Aiming to provide the best community palliative care to our patients and their families using a full range of services including telehealth.
Telehealth allows for an alternative way to deliver care. Many people like and prefer this service; it uses current technology like smart phones to provide care safely from a distance.
We will use video calls to connect with patients when they call our after-hours emergency number and stable patients who are happy to have a video call rather than a home visit.
Benefits of telehealth
- Convenient for the patient or carer as they can ‘visit’ with our staff anywhere that suits them
- Efficient use of time for the patient and staff
- Easy to involve family and other support people into the patient’s care
What is required
For a video call, patients will need:
- A private, well lit room
- A smart phone, iPad, tablet, or a reasonably up-to-date computer
- Webcam, microphone, and speakers (built in or plug in)
- Reasonable internet connection
How to prepare for your video call